SRM Engineering offers a Quality and Professional Engine and re-conditioning service.
- Crankshaft grinding
- Dynamic crankshaft balancing
- Helicoils & thread repairs
- Lead-free valve seats
- Colisbro valve guides
- Gas following
- Fin repairs
- Alloy polishing
- Stove enamel for cylinders
- Sludge tap thoroughly cleaned.
- Regrinding accurately to size and specified radii.
- Best quality big end shells.
- Dynamic balancing to smooth out the vibrations.
- Checked and polished, but we would recommend NEW billet conrods. Failure of an old conrod will destroy the engine.
- Colsibro valve guide fitted and sized.
- Hardened valve seats fitted to run on unleaded fuel.
- Fin and thread repairs.
- Blasting and cleaning to restore the Original finish.
- Gas flowing and tuning.
- Bored to within 0.002” (thou) then honed to an exact size, within two-tenths of thou (0.0002”) tolerance,
- We match bore size to piston dimensions for correct clearance.
- Bores are straight and parallel.
- Barrels are shot blasted and a high-quality stove enamel paint before machining.
BUSHES, BEARINGS & OIL SEALS
- High-quality bushes are always used and can be made to size to accommodate worn shafts or casings.
- We always fit new quality bearings and oil seals.
Fully trained engineers carefully assemble all our engines in a purpose-built, dust-free room with no machine tools present. This ensures that the engine components and the partly assembled engines are not contaminated.
We rebuild engines to be used, be reliable and give thousands of trouble-free miles. In addition, we guarantee the engine for a full 12 months of unlimited mileage.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Before we commence the rebuild on your engine, we inspect it for wear and damage. An estimate is then compiled, listing all new parts, engineering work and repairs required. We include a list of options such as exterior cosmetics and other valuable modifications & options: Needle Roller bearing conversion, dynamic balancing, lead-free conversion, and tuning options.
HOW TO START THE REBUILD
If you are sending a complete engine, you will need to build the engine into a substantial wooden box. Then please get in touch with us with the weight and dimensions of the package to organise the collection. We will use the same box to return the rebuilt engine to you.
BRING THE WHOLE BIKE
We offer a complete service in which we will remove the engine, do a complete rebuild and refit the engine back to the chassis. We would then put the bike on the rolling road and set up the ignition timing and carburation.